The founder of food trucks was Thomas H.buckley who prepared lunch wagons in Worcester, Massachusetts, in the 1880s. After some time, food trucks became popular in the USA and other countries. The majority of the food sellers sell lunch wagons and dinner wagons, and a few sell ice cream as well to fascinate the children and increase their business. Due to the food trucks, people can find their favorite food on trucks and anywhere.
How it became famous
Nowadays, you can easily find food trucks anywhere because people are busy with their hectic schedules and always prefer to eat something from outside. By 2008, food trucks became popular in the USA and all over the world, but it officially became famous when the famous Korean-American chef Roy Choi launched a food truck named Kogi BBQ, and a small number of trucks started in all nations. He is famous for making Mexican cuisine in Los Angeles, California, and the chefs from Melbourne were inspired by him and started catering food trucks in Melbourne for Mexican cuisine.
Benefits of business of food truck
The business of food trucks is popular in this world because it has various benefits.
- Low investment: To open a restaurant, a person needs 18-20 lakh because you need to purchase some space for it, while you can open a food truck for just 8-10 lakh. If a person has an old truck, he can use it by repairing it and setting it up with useful kitchen equipment, which gives him a handsome amount of profit.
- Food trucks need low operation costs: For setting up a restaurant, you need to hire a wide range of staff like managers, chefs, waiters, kitchen managers, cashiers etc. and for a food truck, you need only one or two persons to support you and also you can manage it on your own.
- Food trucks attract more customers: Food trucks keep prices of food very low, starting prices from 50-80, which is a good amount to attract customers.
- Healthy and hygiene: food trucks are considered as alternatives to street food. As roadside food seems unhealthy and unsafe for consumption, many people shift to small restaurants and food trucks to enjoy fast food.
- Experiment with location: Food trucks are mobile, and they can move anywhere if the work is not going well there, but restaurants are settled in one place and fail when the value of location gets down.
- Build up a brand: A person with a food truck can build up his brand at a small level before opening a grand hotel or a restaurant. And can check the possibility of success by both methods.
Things to do before opening a food truck
Before opening a food truck, the things need to be taken care of
- Chosen of van or vehicle
- Right and good quality of kitchen equipments
- Apply for the license for a food truck
- Look for a palace where work can smoothly run
- Get prepare some banners and posters to put on the food truck
- Select the uniform of the staff and give a beautiful name to your food truck
- Marketing your business
- Finalize your particular investment
- Kitchen insurance
- make a menu of foods you can easily prepare
Food trucks are a good business in this era and give huge amounts of profit with very low investment. Most of the food trucks are now run in Melbourne, which is located in Australia, and the food truck named Meat Mechanics is the best food truck in Melbourne.